Monday, March 15, 2010

This was one of the busiest Marches I can remember. OSBC. CloudConnect. VoiceCon. EclipseCon. Gartner PCC. My clients seem to be going to them all.

But the grand daddy of them all is South by Southwest Interactive.

I didn't go. I didn't have clients going.

Still, seems the season for SXSW recaps. So based on my brief exposure to South by Southwest tweets, articles and blogs, here is my own "best of" list for 2010.

Best Tweet about Twitter's ads:
Nadja Blagojevic/Lewis PR
@NadjaB: I'll be excited to see what the Twitter ad platform looks like, but I hope we don't have to start talking about twads http://tcrn.ch/9MmpC1


Best interview by an Alcatel Lucent influencer management guy of an Alcatel Lucent marketing lady at the ElevenAPI lounge:
Mike Maney/Alcatel Lucent


Best "I have no reason for going but I wish I were there" tweet:
Ray George/Page One PR
@rgeorge28: I need to go to #SXSW in 2011


Best advice about SXSW:
Paul Carr/TechCrunch
"(SXSW) sucked last year, and it’s going to suck again this year. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise."


Most excited to meet Ashton Kutcher even though she was in Portland:
Jennifer Cloer/Linux Foundation
@jennifercloer: @the_spinmd if you don't buy you know who a drink frm me, well, that just might be the end of our friendship. hook a sista up.


Best Camera Phone Photo:
Lynn Fox/Palm
@foxycar: I feel so under dressed. #sxsw #austin #6th st http://yfrog.com/0bmebbj



No comments:

Social Media - The Active Listener